Will be accepting a graduate student for the 2023-2024 year in the Memory, Aging, and Cognition Control Research Laboratory.
- About the Psychology Department
- We have both a Clinical and Experimental Graduate Program in Psychology
- Applying to the Graduate Program (deadline is usually around Dec. 1st and interviews around Feb 5th).
Who are we looking for?
- People of color or diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply to the lab
- People with a passion for memory, aging, and neuroscience
- People with previous research experience
- People with previous neuroimaging experience
- People with some programming experience (examples include Matlab, Bash, Python, R)
- People with an interest in learning advanced multivariate statistics
- I take both Experimental and Clinical Geropsychology students (but we do not have clinical neuropsychology training).
Interested in the lab, email me at email@example.com!
If you are interested in becoming a graduate student but are unsure if the lab would be a good fit, email me and we can see if we can start working together as collaborators and see where it goes! Even if you are not near campus, I always need help writing literature reviews or creating new ideas with existing neuroimaging data sets.
We are always looking for summer research assistants (both undergraduate and graduate)!
Our lab has had the fortunate experience of having visiting research assistants most years both from local universities like University of Southern Mississippi and more distant universities like Boston University. We work with these summer research assistants to learn new skills (e.g., programming, structural MRI analyses, functional MRI analyses) to enhance their prospects for future education or careers. Email the PI if potentially interested in working in our lab for the summer at immcdonough[at]ua[dot]edu.