Would you like to participate in one of our studies?
We are looking for participants from age 18 to 137 and from all different kinds of backgrounds to participate in our memory and cognition studies. We conduct two different types of studies. In the first type, you come into the laboratory and participate in simple tasks on a computer. In the second type, you will have to travel to one of two MRI facilities and lay in an MRI scanner while participating in similar computer tasks. Both types of studies are safe and we offer compensation for each. If you would like to see if you qualify, please fill out the form below and we will contact you and ask you a few questions.
Alabama Stress and Brain Study
- PURPOSE: Investigate how stress and other lifestyle factors can protect mental health and brain health. This knowledge is especially important to understand as people face difficult situations and might be at risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must be an adult between 50-65 and identify as African American or Black.
- LOCATION: UAB Highlands Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.
- TASK: One visit will assess your lifetime stress and cognition. The second visit will include an MRI scan.
- TIME: The study involves 2 visits lasting 2-3 hours each.
- COMPENSATION: A check of $75 will be mailed to you at the end of the study.
- HOW TO SIGN UP: Fill out your information below and someone will be in contact with you!